The original American casino game Blackjack offers players the classic card game feel, trying to beat the dealer’s cards without going over 21. Players are dealt two cards each, face up. The dealer is also dealt two cards, one exposed (up) and one hidden (down). The value of cards 2 through 10 is their pip value. Jack, Queen, and King, also known as face cards are all worth ten. Aces can be worth either one or eleven. A hand's value is the sum of said cards values. Players can also draw additional cards to improve their hands. A hand with an ace valued as 11 is referred to as "soft", meaning that the hand won’t bust by taking an additional card; the value of the ace will become one to prevent the hand from exceeding 21. Otherwise, the hand is "hard".
Log in and review this game Share your thoughts with other players
The games objective is to beat the dealer in one of the following ways:
- Get 21 points on your first two cards (“Blackjack” or “Natural”) without a dealer blackjack.
- Reach a final score higher than the dealers without exceeding 21; or
- Let the dealer draw additional cards until their hand exceeds 21. Once all players have completed their respective hands, it is the dealer’s turn. The dealers hand will not be completed if all players have either busted or received blackjacks. The dealer will then reveal the hidden card and must hit until the cards total 17 or more.
- Not busting and having a total that is higher than the dealer; or
- Not busting and having the dealer bust, or
- Getting a blackjack without the dealer getting a blackjack. If the player and dealer have the same total (blackjacks notwithstanding), this is referred to as a "push”. You do not win or lose money on a “push”. Otherwise, the dealer wins.
Sportsandcasino.com’s American Blackjack has the same quick paced feel as the real staple casino card game that so many gambling enthusiasts have grown to love.
Keep in mind this game follows Vegas rules. It pays out 3 to 2 odds and the dealer hits on “soft” 17. Additionally, insurance pays 2 to 1 and there are 3 virtual player chairs if you wish to bet on more than one hand at a time. (Up to 3 separate bets per hand dealt) Minimum bets are $1 and max bet per hand is $1500
SportsandCasino.com © 2021 All rights reserved.